Sorbalgon Calcium Alginate Dressing, 2″ X 2″ – Square
Hartmann Sorbalgon Calcium Alginate Dressing is a soft, highly absorbent dressing that quickly forms a hydrophilic gel to protect and cover the wound bed. Water evaporates from the gel, helping to keep the wound clean. Holds its form even when wet for easy removal and dressing changes.
- Highly absorbent.
- Forms a hydrophilic gel.
- Holds together wet or dry.
- May be left in place for several days.
- Avoids pain during dressing changes.
- Maintains a moist wound environment.
- Supports the healing of bleeding wounds.
- Protects wound edges against maceration.
- Maintains contact with the wound base reducing the potential of a moist chamber.
Benefits: Keeps its form while absorbing more than 14 times its weight, easy to remove.
Uses: For treatment of ulcers, decubitus, abscesses, furuncles, burns, and for difficult-to-treat wounds in accident or tumor surgery; for deep wounds and fistula passages.